Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bird love


look what has this little birdie has caught


a crown for my bird



I love finding a new prop to use when photographing my jewellery. It's even better when the prop creates a story or theme. My latest fascination is bird statues. It started while photographing a new ring. Bored with the wooden hand prominent in so many of my shots and looking around the house for something new, I picked up the bird statue from a shelf, wiped off the dust and...well... the ring became a crown. Today I decided to re-photograph some of my early Etsy listings. One pair just seemed the perfect 'catch' for a new Morgan & Finch bird statue I bought a few weeks ago at Bed Bath n' Table. So now I have three birds featured in my jewellery photo (see the bird collar here). I'm thinking that will do. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment